|Qualifications:||LLB (HONS), LLM (Lond)|
Contact and Clerk
Clerk: Gareth Latchem
Family Law Proceedings
- Public Law Children Act proceedings: acting for local authorities, parents and children in cases concerning serious allegations of physical, sexual and emotional abuse. Experienced in representing vulnerable clients.
- Private law proceedings: residence, contact, prohibited steps, specific issue and removal from the jurisdiction applications.
- Non-molestation and Occupation Order applications.
- Matrimonial Finance.
- Unfair Dismissal
- Breach of Contract & Wrongful Dismissal
- Equal Pay
- Sexual Offences Prevention Orders
- Risk of Sexual Harm Order
- Anti Social Behaviour Order
- Closure Orders
Somerset County Council v W (2011 unreported)
My client (father) admitted physical abuse of his son. We worked constructively in achieving a happy conclusion to the care proceedings through the reunification of son and father.
Devon County Council v A (2012 unreported)
Represented the Local Authority in a case involving persistent domestic violence (on occasion including the children) which was at the time of the fact finding hearing denied by both parents. Cultural issues arose throughout the case and had to be handled appropriately. Findings were made as sought by the Local Authority following which a lengthy period of work was commissioned and the children safely reunited with their parents.
Plymouth City Council v F (2013, unreported)
Represented the uncle of five children in a care case before the High Court sitting in Plymouth, which involved legal arguments over hearsay (absence of a complainant), disputes over interpretation/translation of Achieving Best Evidence interviews and police interviews as well as cultural issues arising throughout. Findings of domestic violence were made. The children were eventually placed with their uncle.
Plymouth City Council v B (2013 unreported)
Represented a mother with learning disabilities and psychological problems throughout care proceedings. During proceedings it was assessed that she lacked capacity and the intervention of the Official Solicitor was required.
2003 Middle Temple
LLB University of Warwick
LLM University of London (Queen Mary)
Family Law Bar Association
Cycling and currently undertaking training in psychotherapy.